By Alicia Martínez, German and English Teacher at AIT Language School
Practica tus habilidades de lectura (y de cocina) con el artículo de esta semana: ¡Una receta de galletas de avena!
You were on a diet and have lost the desired weight? CONGRATULATIONS! Now your aim is to maintain what you have reached but you cannot avoid eating some sweet? Here we have an easy and delicious recipe to enjoy a sweet without having remorse.
- 3 tangerines or an orange (juice and grated)
- 100 gr whole wheat flour
- 200 gr of fine oat flakes
- 100 gr of brown sugar
- 100 ml virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of chemical yeast
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Grate the skin of the tangerines or orange and extract both their juice.
- Put the grated rind, the flour, the oats, the brown sugar, the yeast and the salt in a bowl and mix everything well.
- Make a hole in the center and add the egg, the oil, the juice of the tangerines or the orange and the honey and mix it again.
- Wet the hands and make small balls that we will put in the oven tray previously covered with vegetable paper.
- Flatten them lightly with your hands. – If we want them spongy or crispy depends on the thickness-.
- Put them in the oven previously preheated to 200º (up and down) for 10 or 15 minutes until they are golden brown
As optional ingredients to vary the flavor you can add chocolate chips, nuts or raisins.